Contralto LE Headphone Amplifier
The Contralto Light Edition (LE) is a more affordable version of the Contralto. Same great sound quality but uses conventional volume control and is for headphones of 300 Ohms or less.
Ever red about a highly regarded pair of headphones, went to the shop, listened to them and could not really hear what the fuss was about? Then the Contralto LE, Cyenne Audio’s new headphone amplifier, is exactly what you need!
More and more people prefer to listen to quality headphones instead of loudspeakers. There are very good headphones on the market now but those need the best amplification to shine. The Contralto LE opens a whole new world of quality and transparency!
No longer available. This product is replaced by the 'Natural Phase' platform which is available through our Audio Full Custom Build department.
Recommended retail price was 999 USD
- Class-A output stage with MOSFET
- Rich, transparent and delicate sound
- Maximum output 8Vrms, 3000 mW
- Balanced and un-balanced audio inputs
- Output impedance lower than 0.5 Ohm
- Precision machined sturdy metal case, no vibrations
- Fully protected against DC-offset and power noise
Applications & Specifications
If you own a nice pair of headphones or you think about buying them, six reasons why you want to try the Contralto LE:
- Adding a dedicated headphone amp gives an immediate and obvious improvement, a new world of quality opens, even with modestly priced headphones.
- Very low output impedance, one of the lowest in the market. This avoids coloring your music, revealing the finest detail.
- Very powerful; doesn’t run out of steam with highly dynamic music like live recordings and percussion. Drives even high-impedance headphones with ease.
- The used technology and components are the very best available today. Class-A MOSFET output, full discrete design.
- Your expensive headphones are well protected with the triple protection circuit, please of mind.
- Robust design with heavy metal casing.
- Attenuation from 0 till –60dB
- Uses high precision VR
- Dual Jack, can support two headphones at the same time
- Impedance from 32 Ohms till 300 Ohms supported
- Maximum output power of 3000 mW
- Maximum output voltage 8Vrms into 100 Ohms, 6Vrms into 32 Ohms.
- Cinch or balanced XLR 3 pin, typical 2Vrms
- Impedance 10kOhm for cinch, 20kOhm for balanced
- Balanced and un-balanced, 100 Ohm output impedance.
- Line output varies with the volume level
- Output is buffered, no loss of quality when downstream equipment is turned off
- Full discrete circuit, class-A, MOSFET
- Output impedance 0.5 Ohm
- Distortion. Open loop: better than 0.2% (20hz - 20Khz, THD+N, 4Vrms). Closed loop: better than 0.01% (20hz - 20Khz, THD+N, 4Vrms)
- Noise and hum, better than -110dB @ 2Vrms output
- High precision low-noise thin film resistors
- Ordering option: open loop output mode
- Environment: relative humidity 10 – 90% non-condensing, temperature limits: 10C– 40C operating, -20C to 80C storage.
- Net weight: 3.2kg, gross weight: 3.9kg
- Dimensions: 280 x 60 x 280 mm (excluding protrusions). Same footprint as Cyenne Audio DAC’s.
- Power supply: maximum 20VA, available in 115 VAC and 230 VAC models
- Power cord, user’s manual included
- Designed by European engineers