High quality Digital-Analogue Converter with 192kHz/24bits support
Special Edition of the CY-3100, USB supports 192kHz/24bit
Using top quality analogue components and an industry leading advanced digital filter, the CY3100SE is a major step forwards in digital audio conversion. Forget about jitter, noise, harshness and other issues. The CY-3100SE sounds like good analogue sources, not digital ones.
The advanced digital filter makes CD recordings sound similar to high-resolution formats such as SACD.
The CY-3100SE is also a digital pre-amp with advanced digital lossless volume control. When desired, the CY-3100SE can directly feed an end-amplifier.
In stock. Suggested retail price: $899
- Stereo audio DAC with ultra-low distortion and noise
- Supports up to 192kHz/24bit digital audio
- 4 selectable digital inputs: Dual SPDIF, Optical, USB
- Choice of 5 digital filters per sample rate
- Automatic memory for all settings per sample rate and per input
- Clear status display
- IR Remote control
- Outputs for amplifier and headphone
- 32 bit calculated in-DAC volume control, retains the finest details
- Precision machined sturdy metal case, no vibrations
Applications & Specifications
Instantly enjoy music as it was intended. The clean and open sound stage and definition is obvious while playing your favorite music.
When the existing equipment doesn’t have remote volume control, you are increasing your comfort by using the included remote control for the DAC. As the DAC calculates everything internally with 32 bit precision and the dynamic range is better than 120dB, so using the volume control doesn’t degrade your experience.
Upgrade existing CD player: connect using the SPDIF or TOSLINK input and instantly enjoy the obvious improved sound as jitter from the source is removed and the fully customized digital filter can set to match your personal music taste and existing equipment.
Replace old DAC: Especially when your old DAC is more than 5 years old, the difference in sound quality is dramatic.
To ‘up-end’ your existing media player: If you own a media player system, you can now enjoy improved quality sound. Simply connect your music system’s digital output to the DAC.
To use your computer as high quality music source: The CY-3100SE DAC’s USB interface requires no driver software, you can connect your computer directly to the DAC and start to hear an dramatic improvement in sound quality over the build-in soundcard.
88.2 kHz ans 176.4 kHz sample rates are also supported; use a player like the Foobar 2000 to play DSD files in enhanced fidelity. For the best results, use playback software that can send music bit-perfect to the USB port.
You can safely put your notebook on top of the DAC. The USB port is insulated from the DAC, so you avoid hum or other ground loop problems.
Detailed technical specification:
Core DAC specs
- Dynamic range: better than 120dB, non-weighted (24bit, 20Hz-20Khz, -60dB)
- Frequency range: 5 Hz to 50kHz (-3dB point, @ 192kHz sample rate), 20Hz to 20kHz within 0.09dB
- Total harmonic distortion better than 0.0014% (1kHz, non-weighted, 0dB-2V RMS, 24 bit)
- Jitter: jitter from source is eliminated, internal jitter below 10ps, worst case. Clock source 10ppm accurate
- Component technology: Wolfson 8741 DAC, Toroid transformer, 4 layer PCB board, PPS 2.5% capacitors, precision resistors, Studio quality audio op-amps, separate power sources for analogue, CPU and digital parts
- Headphone output: max 2V RMS, impedance 32 Ohm or higher
- Digital filter selection:
- Standard half band, linear phase (like most CD players)
- Standard half band, minimum phase (standard but no pre-ringing)
- Soft knee, linear phase (smooth, some aliasing)
- Apposing filter, linear phase (smooth, a little high tone drop-off)
- Apposing filter, minimum phase (smooth, a little high tone drop-off, no pre-ringing)
- 2 inputs, RCA inch, gold plated, 75 Ohm impedance
- Supports 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88kHz, 96kHz, 176kHz, 192kHz sample rate in 16 and 24 bits
- Optical input for use with TOSLINK cable
- Supports 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz sample rate in 16 and 24 bit (176kHz / 192kHz might work but not recommended)
- Supports USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 @ 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz sample rates in 16 and 24 bit.
- Audio class 2, driver (async) for Windows XP/7/8 included, compatible with Mac-OS, DirectSound & ASIO compliant.
- Retiming circuit to eliminate jitter from USB for the purest sound
- Galvanic insulation from computer, no ground loop and leak current problems
- IR remote control
- Settings memory, memorizes filter selection per sample rate per input
- Dynamic filtering optimized per sample rate with less filtering for higher sample rates
- Control processor’s automatic sleep mode when playing music, combines the audio purity of manual designs with the comfort of processor control
- Environment: relative humidity 10 – 90% non-condensing, temperature limits: 10C– 40C operating, -20C to 80C storage.
- Net weight: 3.2kg (DAC only), gross weight: 4.0kg
- Dimensions: 280 x 60 x 280 mm (excluding protrusions)
- Power supply: maximum 15VA, available in 115 VAC and 230 VAC models
- Power cord, cinch cable, USB cable, user’s manual and remote control included
- Designed by European engineers